NavigationMenu

Friday, August 15, 2014

Updates Galore

Blog Design:

If you haven't noticed, you must simply be giving your undivided attention to my stunning writing (pshh, let's be serious), but I got a MUCH needed blog design re-vamp! Who did it you may ask? Me. Me. Me. There are things here and there that I need to touch up and add but I finally bit the bullet and designed it all myself. The design part, definitely not so hard. The coding part on the other hand, let's just say took me a bit to get the hang of! I'm proud to say it's complete and I love it! And you should definitely Follow my blog with Bloglovin.

Job Update:

 As some of you may know, my latest teaching position unfortunately had to make some major budget cuts... (insert violin playing here) and I am currently the "U-Word," (unemployed for those of you who didn't catch on, it's okay I've been there). It stinks to say the least! But, on a positive note this situation is giving me a reason to go back to school to get my Masters and turn my degree into something I've always wanted to do, but never took the time to do it. I'm hoping that after my Elementary Endorsement, I will get a 3rd grade teaching position as a Spanish Immersion teacher in my home town starting next year! It is the same program my son is starting this fall as a Kindergartener! (Holy cow, I can't believe I just said that). Fingers crossed. Meanwhile, I'm focusing my time on school, being a mom, creating and designing and you guessed it, blogging.

I'd like to toot my horn a little bit here... I haven't been back to school in a while. Although going back to school for ANY mother or father, it is definitely a challenge for me! I'm a single-mother, and I was working full-time AND taking classes! Whew, just saying that kinda winded me. Needless to say, check out this GPA for my Masters thus far!

Yep, that's right a stinken 4.0! I was beyond ecstatic when my grades came back. All that hard work and effort definitely is paying off, and hopefully pays forward in the long run. Can't wait to finish this degree!

Personal Update:

Recently my little man and I was able to take a mini-vacation around our beautiful state of Michigan, just the two of us. We traveled to our favorite spot, climbed on the Silver Lake Sand Dunes, rode the Mac Dune Rides as well as traveled to the Ludington SandCastle Museum, visited Pirate's Cove in Traverse City, and conquered the Sleeping Bear Dunes Climb and many other fun places! It was a blast, and well needed Mommy-Son time away from all the stress from class, not having a job etc. Unfortunately on the way home, we had a major boo-boo. If you follow me on any of my social media accounts you may have already saw the picture.

We were traveling south bound on a two-way highway when a deer cut in front of a vehicle two cars in front of us. The car behind him veered to miss him, and slammed on his brakes directly in front of me at 70 mph. It was clearly not a fun way to end our amazing vacation and I have to say, that it was by far one of the scariest moments of my life. Thankfully, my son and I were able to heal from our temporary injuries. We definitely had someone watching over us that day and I'm so thankful. It could have been much MUCH worse. Well, that is all the updates I have for you folks! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your upcoming weekend. My son and I are hoping to have a campfire with his grandpa and grandma this weekend. Don't forget roasting marshmallows, eating smores and cooking hot dogs and pizza pies over the fire. YUM! Can't wait.